- preparing all types of employment contracts and policies, ensuring that they are always compliant with current law and best practice
- guidance with every day employment issues affecting employees, such as disciplinary and grievance matters
- explaining the employment law aspects of business disposals, acquisitions and outsourcing arrangements
- assisting with redundancy and restructuring
- advice about ending employment
- defending claims in the employment tribunal
Helping Small Businesses
The number of employment laws has created a complex and demanding workplace. So you need a specialist employment lawyer to help you to identify and minimise the risks and liabilities you face as an employer. I am a genuine specialist in employment law. It is all I do.
My service is designed particularly with smaller businesses in mind. Employment regulations press down hardest on smaller businesses and they have the most to lose from not understanding their obligations or respecting their employees’ rights.
I take pride in delivering a quality personal service. I use a straightforward and practical approach. Use me if you want expert advice communicated using everyday words.
Plain English. Clear Advice. 25 Years’ Experience.Contact Me
I have been helping employers to comply with their employment law obligations for more than 25 years and have acted for clients in financial services, manufacturing, IT, retail, construction, charity, health, sport and education.
The services I provide to employers include:
In 2011, I pursued my vision that there was a better way of serving clients and started my own firm, to allow me to continue to provide clients with the quality of advice and level of service associated with larger law firms but with the personal attention, flexibility and pricing that only small firms can offer.
As a result, my clients benefit from personal service from a hugely experienced specialist at an affordable cost.
Helping Small Businesses
Employment Tribunal Defence
The fear of receiving an employment tribunal claim is one of the biggest concerns for many businesses.
Anxieties about large compensation awards, the complexity of the tribunal process and interruption to business fuels employers’ unease about tribunal claims.
When faced with a claim, it pays to have an expert on your side. I am a genuine specialist in employment law. It is all I do.
I offer employers effective and powerful defence of tribunal claims. It’s why I’ve been trusted by employers to safeguard their interests for 25 years.
If you end up facing a claim, I’m the expert to help you mount the most effective defence.
You can trust me always to protect your business by searching for the best possible outcome for you.
Look to me for:
- An honest assessment of your chances of successfully defending the claim
- Advice about how much your defence will cost you in legal fees and how much of your time will be taken up in answering the claim
- Information about how much the employee could be awarded if they are successful
- Skilful management of your defence
- Powerful advocacy for you at the hearing.
Of course, prevention is better than cure and I can provide employers with straightforward practical advice to help them meet their employment law obligations. In particular, you can use me to help with the legal issues involved with:
- taking on new employees
- sickness, poor performance and conflicts at work
- redundancy and other organisational change
- discipline and dismissal
Taking on New Employees
The recruitment process is full of danger for the unwary or careless employer who may get into a contract it wishes it had not made or incur the risk of a discrimination claim from a disappointed job applicant. It may even infringe immigration controls on employing foreign workers.
I can steer employers around the legal obstacles and provide them with all the documentation they need to make new employment compliant with the law by:
- advising employers how to avoid infringing discrimination and immigration laws when hiring new workers
- producing different types of contracts of employment tailored to the needs of their business
- supplying a full range of employment policies
- providing a cost effective service for updating documents as legislation changes
Sickness, Poor Performance and Conflicts at Work
There are complex and wide ranging legal issues that can arise during the lifetime of the employment relationship which need to be managed effectively and sensitively to avoid:
- falling productivity
- increased absences
- high staff turnover
- risk of tribunal claims
I can help you comply with employment regulations governing:
- pregnancy and maternity
- sick and disabled employees
- poor performers
- complaints of bullying and harassment
Redundancy and Other Organisational Change
No business stands still. During its lifetime it may have to change the terms on which employees are engaged, confront redundancy and re-structure and deal with acquisitions of new business operations or the disposal of old ones.
I can support businesses by providing procedures to manage the change process which, when used properly, provide a clear and transparent framework to deal with difficult issues including:
- changing an employee’s terms of employment
- managing redundancy and re-structure
- acquiring or disposing of a business
Discipline and Dismissal
Do you avoid confronting staff about unacceptable behaviours in case they complain to an employment tribunal?
If disciplinary issues are ignored your business will suffer. If disciplinary issues are handled badly, it could result in some employees making a complaint to an employment tribunal.
It need not be like that.
Used properly disciplinary procedures can provide a framework to deal with difficulties and ensure that everybody is dealt with fairly and consistently.
I can help by:
- explaining the legal requirements for disciplinary procedures
- giving guidance about dismissing fairly
- giving advice on specific issues
- supplying a written disciplinary procedure and all documents related to a disciplinary issue
· minimising the potential for tribunal claims